Player Written Help Docs
Our players love the game so much, that a number of them have started documenting it for us. Which is awesome, since it gives a unique perspective on the game, and frees us up for creating more useful objects like toilets and fleshlights. New players might want to start at the 2012 Newbie Guide.
- Character Creation
- Simple character building guide
- Working Out
- Guide to Whips/Brains/Support
- Sobek's Flying Zombie fists/spears guide
- Challenge System (This explains how HellMOO's complex PvP system works).
- Survival Guide
- 2012 Newbie Guide
- Inventory Management
- Tips and tricks
- Trading Cards
- So you want to post to *Comedy
- How to ata
- Social interaction
- Mail Commands
Any new player would definitely be doing themselves a favor by reading these documents.
Help build this wiki, by contributing or keeping it updated, and earn the Scribe journal entry.
Not all HellMOO guides are timeless. This is a listing of guides that have not been updated in a long time, and are sufficiently out of date that their advice is not as valuable as it once was. They still contain useful information, but have been either superseded by more recent guides or made inaccurate by changes over the years.
- Character Building 2 - skillsets and starting packages
- Newbie Guide - Post Chargen
- The 2010 Guide For Newbies
- How to use a Simulator
- Full On Brawn
In October 2018, some guides became inaccessible after a server migration. Since these guides are original works, they can't be rewritten by any old editor that happens along. It will be some time until they're accessible again, so their links are stored here.
In the meantime, there are archived versions of these pages hosted externally. To access an archived version:
- Right-click on one of the links below and "Copy link location".
- Navigate to web.archive.org.
- Paste your chosen link into the searchbar there and click the latest revision.