Player Written Help Docs
Our players love the game so much, that a number of them have started documenting it for us. Which is awesome, since it gives a unique perspective on the game, and frees us up for creating more useful objects like toilets and fleshlights. New players might want to start at the 2012 Newbie Guide.
- Character Creation
- Simple character building guide
- Working Out
- Guide to Whips/Brains/Support
- Sobek's Flying Zombie fists/spears guide
- Sobek's Brainy Whips Guide
- Nyll's 2017 Grinding Guide
- Challenge System (This explains how HellMOO's complex PvP system works).
- Veil's PvP Guide
- Survival Guide
- 2012 Newbie Guide
- Inventory Management
- Tips and tricks
- Trading Cards
- So you want to post to *Comedy
- How to ata
- Social interaction
- Mail Commands
Any new player would definitely be doing themselves a favor by reading these documents.
Help build this wiki, by contributing or keeping it updated, and earn the Scribe journal entry.
Not all HellMOO guides are timeless. This is a listing of guides that have not been updated in a long time, and are sufficiently out of date that their advice is not as valuable as it once was. They still contain useful information, but have been either superseded by more recent guides or made inaccurate by changes over the years, so they're recorded here for historical interest.
- Character Building 2 - skillsets and starting packages
- Uriel's Guide to HellMOO
- Newbie Guide - Post Chargen
- The 2010 Guide For Newbies
- How to use a Simulator
- Full On Brawn
- How to be a good player - This guide became inaccessible after a server migration in October 2018.
- Shortyish's guide to scavenging
- Utter Newbie - The oldest guide here. Still around after over a decade!